Get crafty with a pumpkin that won't grow mouldy this year - the Hobbycraft mache pumpkins are ideal makes for Halloween that can used again and again! If you're struggling for ways to decorate yours, we've got six fab ideas to give you a little bit of inspiration for an out-of-the-ordinary pumpkin...
Made with thanks by Debbie Thorne
select your items and add them to your basket below.
Craft PVA Glue 300ml
Hot Melt 7mm Mini Glue Gun
Kids Paint Brush Set 3 Pack
Flame Art Acrylic Paint Tube 75ml
Mars Black Art Acrylic Paint Tube 75ml
Titanium White Art Acrylic Paint Tube 75ml
Black Adhesive Star Gems 6mm 384 Pack
Brian Clegg Purple Craft Biodegradable Glitter 40g
Purple Ric Rac Ribbon 6mm x 4m
Black Ric Rac Ribbon 6mm x 4m
Black Glitter Shaker 20g
Black Card A4 10 Pack
1. Paint the pumpkin orange and allow to dry.
2. Paint the stalk black.
3. Apply the self adhesive gem flourishes starting at the stalk and working down the pumpkin.
4. Fill any gaps with individual gems.
1. Paint the pumpkin black and allow to dry.
2. Use the white paint to add eye shapes.
3. Cut two wing shapes from the black card and stick to the pumpkin sides using a glue gun or double sided tape.
4. Paint PVA glue onto the stem ad shake on some purple glitter to cover.
Simple Painted Pumpkin
1. Paint the pumpkin one solid colour and allow to dry.
2. Use a contrasting paint to add feature shapes: larger eyes, scars, teeth etc.
3. Once the paint is dry, add glitter on top of the black painted features.
1. Paint the pumpkin and allow to dry.
2. Add lengths of ribbon from the stalk to the base, securing with the glue gun. Start part-way up the stalk so that the raw ends can be concealed later.
3. Cover the stalk (and the raw ends of the ribbons) by wrapping with a length of ribbon.
4. Make a large bow from the black ric rac and glue to the stalk to finish.
Welcome and Spooky Pumpkins:
1. Paint the pumpkin a solid colour and allow to dry.
2. Add your choice of design (bat or cobweb).
3. Paint your text across the pumpkin’s face.
1. Cut or rip up your paper into small pieces.
2. Apply a small section of glue to your mache pumpkin, then apply a piece of paper on top. Brush more glue over the top.
3. Continue as above until your whole pumpkin is covered – don’t worry if you overlap the papers.
Join our free Club today and get exclusive offers, invites to craft events and entries to competitions.
Hobbycraft is a registered trademark of Hobbycraft Trading Ltd. Hobbycraft Trading Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We are a credit broker and not a lender. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.