Sometimes you’re at a bit of a loss as to what to gift someone for Christmas. A bottle of bubbly makes a lovely treat and with this infusible ink bottle bag, you can give your gift in style.
Products you will need for this project:
Infusible Ink Sheets
Cricut Bottle Bag
How to make it:
1. Insert wreath #M1803E9B6 onto your canvas and select ‘contour’. Select the areas you would like to feature on your project, in this case, you want to keep the outlines of the wreath and cut them as a solid image, without their centres cut out.
2. Insert a text box and add the sentiment ‘eat, drink and be merry’. Change the font to DTC Bikini Babe.
3. Your text will currently be one solid piece, and to change it you first need to click ‘ungroup’ to convert your text to individual letters.
4. Select each word and click ‘weld’.
5. Rearrange your words, and alter their sizes, until you find an arrangement that you like and which fits inside your wreath.
6. Once happy with the arrangement of your text, select it and click ‘attach’.
7. Check your text and wreath are set to the colour(s) you would like to use.
8. Follow the instructions on your device to cut your project.
9. Your infusible ink sheet should be placed on your mat ink side up, and your design should be mirrored in design space.
10. Once your design is cut, weed away the negative space. It can be easier to do this by hand by gently bending the infusible ink sheet and pulling away the pieces you do not need.
11. Prepare your surface by removing any lint and preheating with your Easy Press.
12. Place your infusible ink sheet ink side down on your project and tape into place with heat proof tape.
TOP TIP: It is better to transfer all of your pieces in one go, so where possible, cut down your sentiment to remove excess backing plastic and line it up in your wreath. You need to make sure that none of the infusible ink is covered by backing plastic. Use small pieces of heatproof tape to stop your pieces from moving away from each other.
13. Place a sheet of butcher’s paper (which is included with your infusible ink sheets) between your infusible ink and your heat press. Use even, light pressure, with your heat press set to heat your project according to the Cricut Heat Guide recommendations https://cricut.com/en_us/heatguide
14. Once cool, carefully peel away the backing of your infusible ink sheet with tweezers.
15. Your bottle bag is now finished!